Sunday 18 May 2014

6 days to go!!!


Welcome to the first blog from Roy's Coast to Coast Wheelchair Challenge!!!
It took ages but it's finally here:)

The preparation for the challenge is in full swing - wheelchair's been to service, some of the Trans Pennine Trail has been checked out (yes, there are obstacles and yes, there will be trouble:):):), the fundraising page (www.virginmoneygiving.com/roy215miles) is doing brilliantly - THANK YOU to ALL that donated so generously, I am genuinely humbled. Maps and routes sorted, accomodation booked, remaining muscles to be massaged in the coming week. Toolkit prepared.... now really looking forward to 9.30am, Southport on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring is the word! I have immense admiration for Roy - bo beolens, founder Birding For All

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roy!

    I've just found out about your coast to coast challenge, superb stuff! I'm also a wheelchair user and I live in Huddersfield. I run a Community Interest Company (www.experiencecommunity.co.uk) and we make films about access to the countryside for disabled people. We've just received funding to set up a project in Kirklees to organise 'walking groups' for disabled people and I'd love to meet up after your challenge to have a chat about our work and yours with the RSPB.

    Cheers,

    Craig

    ReplyDelete